The Colourful Jamboree Emerald Green Liva Shimmer Saree navyāsa
Buy Pinup By Astha Red Satin Georgette Saree With Blouse Online
A lucky few may have conquered the whole nine yards in style, and then there are some who carry a bunch of safety pins at the ready every time they wear a saree. Love it or struggle with it, what none of us can ignore is the undeniable charms of the saree. If there is one couture that every Indian woman loves to wear, it has to be a saree! Available in more than a dozen styles, this traditional ensemble is being donned for centuries in our country. However, with passing time, we witnessed various style enhancement.
- This style looks iconic with trending saree designs like a printed saree or a plain saree with an embroidered pallu.
- Please buy long petticoats and adjust to the exact height after wearing your shoes.
- Majority of the ladies prefer to wear high heels, so get them ready in advance.
- Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it.
The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts. A unique feature of the saree is that different regions have their own saree draping styles. But this versatile attire lets you add your personal touch to it as well. Even though Saree itself is a layered ensemble but the draping pattern can bring an added charm to it.
Choose the right petticoat with your saree
Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape. It is also incredibly simple to wear and carry because of its skirt-like form. Just drape your saree over it and flaunt your new curvy figure.
- Petticoats can make a saree appear bulkier, whereas shapewear enhances your body, holds the saree in place, makes you look in shape.
- Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees?
- Light Pearl neck wears, and simple gold and platinum jewelry are easily accepted.
- Atpur, a small village in Hooghly, West Bengal was known for weaving coarser sarees for everyday wear.
- Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women.
For all our readers and fellow fashion fiends, we have curated these chic styles of wearing a saree that is contemporary and look good on women of any age. You can blend vintage, classy, bohemian, and contemporary styles and give the drape an urban twist. Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best. Hope you love this amazing saree draping guide, visit online shopping sites and shop some sarees, learn how to tie a saree perfectly and slay in any occasion. Well, there are many saree draping styles to look slim and many saree materials to look slim https://pinupz.in.
But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders. There’s a huge pool of looks that we might be missing out, but we are absolutely in awe with the ones above. Also, if customization makes your heart tick, don’t forget to check the width of the fabric! You need a minimum of inches width for crafting any of these concept sarees. Venture into street style by pairing your saree with a rugged pair of denim. Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize.
- Slip into your go-to denim shirt with a rather traditional saree and accessorize.
- Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees.
- Pair this saree with a contrast or same colour blouse to enhance the look.
- It looks gorgeous with trending sarees like silk, light-weight sarees and georgette as these have the right texture to emphasise the drapes.
- And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place.
The first step to acing any saree style is understanding different styles and drapes. Which is why, you need to know how to wear saree step by step.
How to Pinup Saree Perfectly: – To get the perfect look in the saree, use the right type and place of pins
This will help you understand how to wear a saree to look slim step by step. The journey of traditional sarees taking the contemporary route has seen a pleasant headway over time which indeed has swarmed the fashion screens and markets alive.
- If traditional is what you want to retain, drape this saree the conventional way and wear it with an off shoulder, or fit-n-flair top.
- But as time passed, it became popular among the other people too.
- This is why the fish cut style will make you look like a pretty mermaid in your alluring chiffon saree.
- When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes.
It looks gorgeous with trending sarees like silk, light-weight sarees and georgette as these have the right texture to emphasise the drapes. To get this look, merely pin up one side of the pallu to the blouse and let fall into place. One of the best parts of draping a saree (traditional saree draping styles) is its pallu! But it can keep you from having fun if you don’t pin it right. All you need to do is fix your pallu at a place where you will have maximum support. For the love of Handloom sarees and minimalistic style, this is the drape to try.
Saree Dress Anarkali Kurta Set Blouse Kaftan Lehenga
Pinup the tip of your saree pallu gently and allow the rest of the saree fall on your hand. – Choose a saree with thin zari borders if you are on the shorter side.
- Blouses are supposed to be well-fitted so that you can flaunt your curves in the traditional drape.
- Use a pair of small beads where the safety pin enters and leaves the fabric, as shown in this picture.
- A classic look in Chanderi with zari hand embriodery compeleted with white pearls.
- Some people may take offense to a bright red or purple lipstick and bring undue attention to your face.
- Want to know how our peeps in Maharashtra style the saree in India?
Do you love to wear your handloom cottons and silks, but are not sure how to ‘appear’ slim while draping these gorgeous sarees? Here are a few tips to follow to give you that flattering look in your favourite sarees. Similar to the lehenga, half sarees were once the most fashionable attire among young women. Today, the style is back to becoming a coveted look thanks to the wide variety of designs, styles, textures, and colours that they now come it.
Saree draping tricks
– Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree. When you are going to a wedding or a reception party, wear a designer Mysore silk saree to grab attention. Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look. This is one of the most popular contemporary saree draping styles.
- Try bringing the two worlds together by picking traditional crafts like Batik, Indigo or Kalamkari.
- Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease.
- Choose from these 10 styles of wearing a saree and look your elegant best.
- We understand that you may have a gorgeous collection of heavy silk sarees or fancy stone/metal work sarees.
- Bold patterns and vivid colors do not go very well in an office setup.
If you’re curvy, the butterfly saree draping style would be an amazing pick. This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
How to prevent safety pin tear
You can play around with different top styles like- halter, a bikini style with a matching jacket. When wearing a cold-shoulder, you can pull out your pallu from the cutout for a dramatic look. Some of us may have caught ourselves in a seemingly never-ending loop as we tried to get a hold of the pallu while trying to tie a saree for the first time.
Experimenting with various textures can result in a breathtaking silhouette. Pinning a complimentary embroidered dupatta on a sheer solid saree with an off-shoulder blouse is just one way to do it. A unique and elegant blend of wearing a saree for the young hearts or women of any age. Traditionally, all sarees used to be worn with ready-made, standard sized, cotton petticoats that came with a drawstring.
Saree Draping Styles for Wedding Reception
He was inspired by the machine-made silk fabrics that the royal families wore. He then imported around 32 power looms to India and thus started manufacturing of Mysore silk sarees.
- – Do not wear a flared petticoat with a Mysore silk saree.
- The elegant and classy saree has wowed women for centuries and is still a fierce competition to its Western counterparts.
- Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style.
- Your pleats should be firmly in place and should not budge.
- Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type.
- This is one of the unique ways to wear a saree and carry a contemporary chic look, perfect for modern work environments.
Add a denim twist to your look and take it up a notch by draping a saree over a pair of jeans. Rock this look with a cropped top, a set of colourful bangles, and sneakers. The pant style saree walked off the runway and entered the showrooms of high street brands in 2018, and is one of the trending saree designs. Today we will tell you that if you pin up the saree properly, then half the problem related to saree draping will be reduced automatically. Your pleats should be firmly in place and should not budge. And one of the simplest ways to do this is to use safety pins to hold the pleats in place.
Learn How to Tie a Saree Perfectly to Look Slim-
Maintaining a good skin health and using a light foundation with a minimalist makeup can save your time and still make you look impressive as a corporate lady. Refer to my blog about makeup tips for professional women here for more details. You can use a pleat maker as shown below, as we understand that this is the hardest part of wearing a saree. Never wear a petticoat that’s too loose, it will only make it harder for you to handle the saree. 1.Make your pleats a little wider if you have slim shoulders, and make them narrower.
From pant style sarees to the sophisticated belted look, we bring you the most trending saree designs that you should try. You can make the pallu of the saree even before draping the saree. In this also the pin will prove to be very helpful for you. You have to set the pallu plates of the saree well first and then put a pin in it. Put this pin where you are going to put the pin by placing the pallu on the shoulder. Doing this will also help you get an idea of how big you want the pallu to be.
The Gujarati Drape with a Twist
That’s because the need to reinvent the saree has always been on the mind of fashionistas. For saree styles for farewell, the indo-western saree can be a pretty choice. Check out the above video to learn how to wear saree in modern style.
- Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it.
- This style would be further complimented if you choose a silky fabric which could define your pleats like the iridescent wings of a butterfly.
- You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
- It shows how hygienic and organized you are, personally and impacts your personality very strongly.
- This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion.
To get this look, team a lehenga or skirt with your favourite silk saree and blouse. Saree pins can improve the overall look of the saree in addition to serving as a practical accessory to hold the pallu in place.
The fabric, whether it be a saree, dupatta, or scarf, is the only element that has the power to make or destroy an outfit. Make sure you pick the appropriate fabric if you want to appear poised and sophisticated. Choose a fabric that highlights your curves and suits your body shape. Silks, cotton, and chiffon are materials that are light and flatter all body types.
- But we know it is not that easy as it keeps sliding back on your shoulders.
- Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree.
- When wearing an off-shoulder blouse, the sleeves should be on point so that you look your best.
- The casual style of draping sarees got its name “atpourey” meaning informal from here.
- With an adjustable drawstring and no extra frills at the petticoat.
Coloured pins are a fantastic method to camouflage any pinning. Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric.
Helene Yellow Flat Chiffon Saree Set
Look phenomenal in this Gujarati style drape that you can team with a shirt-style, full sleeves blouse with a unique neckline. Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns. Picking a saree with patterns that incline towards the contemporary palette would keep you on trend. Every drape serves a different purpose, and looks different and thus is fashion forward. Here is a low-down on how to wear saree in different style step by step.
A hit among celebrities, this has become a sought after look with contemporary sarees. This style is similar to wearing a traditional waist chain around the saree. Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look. We may have even let slip a swear word or two when we almost tripped over.
What Are Some Good Ways For Plus-sized Ladies To Wear A Sari?
Mysore Silk Sarees come from the most famous silk-producing district in Karnataka called Mysore. About 45% of total silk production in the country comes from Karnataka itself. Mysore Silk Sarees are a pure, elegant artwork made of silk threads with golden zari and brocade designs. The exquisite patterns on the pallu and border of these sarees make them noteworthy. Mysore silk sarees have stolen the heart of many women since ages, and it continues to do so with its wide range of intricate design patterns. The floral motifs, mango butti and kairi shaped brocade make a popular choice for women in the market.
- You could choose fabrics for the petticoat from satin, silk, and cotton.
- Skip the usual lehenga and drape yourself in this traditional silk saree for an elegant and gorgeous look.
- Since then it has been tweaked to fit each decade with designers like Tarun Tahiliani, Satya Paul and Sabyasachi Mukherjee giving us the chills these days.
- Shirt style blouses have gained a cult following lately with women of all walks of life donning them with various necklines and patterns.
One would choose a petticoat that matched the base colour of the saree it was to be worn with and there wasn’t much more to it. Today, petticoats are available in a variety of fabrics, patterns and styles and can even be made to order to fit your body type. Like most regions in India, Bengal too has its traditional way of draping sarees. Though not an everyday style among Bengali women any more, they still adopt this style of draping on special occasions such as Durga Puja or at family weddings.
Tops Doubling for Blouses
Be it the scorching summers, or the chilly winters, cotton can be worn any time of the day with ease. We’re real people and real people have different types of bodies. You really don’t need to lose weight or be of the ideal height to look great in a saree.
- Additionally, use high-quality pins only, as cheap ones can harm the fabric.
- Use a thin belt with a metallic buckle or a wide cloth belt to add an edge to your look.
- Due to being pre-stitched they are easy to carry and give a suave gown-like feel.
- The length of the saree will rely on the height of your heels.
- You can play with the draping style by choosing to pin up the Pallu over or under the cape.
- Also, if you think the pleats make you look fat on the tummy, try keeping the pleats on the side instead of front.
Sarees sliding off the shoulders are considered a wardrobe malfunction and we must avoid it. Most of us love to wear a saree to the office but we often give up on the idea because of one of the following notions.
The Layered Drape
When hitting work, you can go for a solid saree with a cape style overcoat to give off that boss lady vibes. Sarees can be worn everyday, but when you’re dolling up for a wedding your saree can be your secret weapon to nailing a great wedding look. Shoes should be slightly more stylish than those you wear with a formal suit but not as gorgeous or informal as the ones you combine with jeans or wedding attire. Now that we have seen how to pick the right saree and wear it correctly, let us now focus on accessories and jewelry that goes well with a formal saree.
If you are wearing a Mysore silk saree at work, pin up the pleated saree completely. This South Indian silk saree is a great alternative to salwar suit when you are heading to work or a semi-formal occasion. When you are draping the saree, ensure that the pleats are pressed carefully. – Women who have an olive or dark complexion can opt for shades like pink, maroon and green.